Last Updated & Effective: May 15, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to the use of any product, service, or website provided by FOSSA. Here at FOSSA, our goal is to help you and your team manage and utilize open source software efficiently. For us to build a great product we rely on our users not to misuse or abuse our products and services. In addition, this policy helps make sure we’re compliant with applicable laws and regulations around the service we offer. This Acceptable Use Policy is an extension and governed by our Terms of Service or other similar written agreements between you (Customer) and FOSSA (the “FOSSA Subscription Agreement”). The Subscription Agreement contains definitions of capitalized terms not otherwise in this Acceptable Use Policy and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this document.
We recommend always using your best judgment and be friendly to others in the open source community.
By using FOSSA, you are agreeing to the Acceptable Use Policy. You may not use FOSSA without agreeing to this Acceptable Use Policy. Therefore, you agree not to utilize or encourage any Users to use FOSSA services in the following prohibited ways:
- Attempting to bypass or compromise the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
- Reverse-engineering or hacking the FOSSA services by circumventing our security measures to gain unauthorized access in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, spyware, worms, or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs that can compromise FOSSA services
- Using the FOSSA services to conduct any fraudulent activities
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws)
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by FOSSA
- Disparaging FOSSA or our partners, vendors, or affiliates
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.)
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with FOSSA or any third party)
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”)
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, FOSSA may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if FOSSA (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.
Updated almost 2 years ago